Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 2

P.s. From initial post, to keep myself honest I was gonna post my starting weight and it "slipped my mind" lol if you believe that! So my starting weight is 312...did I mention I was fat?!? I plan on doing a weekly weigh-in. My overall goal is obviously better health. And as I previously mentioned, to look amazing haha. My weight loss goal is 170lbs eventually...hopefully?!? And my fitness goal is to run a marathon!


However, many more days like today and the aforementioned goals will not be reality! Today was a rainy, cold, windy day...one of those days you can just wake up and know nothing good will come of it. However, my potty training two year old did choose today to finally get it down, and of course she wanted to be rewarded with the golden arches, and we all know there are no good food choices there for the fat momma, so I didn't even try...I know whine, whine, whine. Dinner wasn't any better...pizza *gasp*!! But on a positive note, I did go to the supercenter without stocking up in the sugary sweets that are my major downfall. My zumba DVDs came in today!! And I am sticking to my rule of absolutely no food after 8:30pm! Yay me!!! Baby steps maybe?
Until next time... 8)

7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I found your blog through FB. My husband used to work with Mark in NJ, before he was on the BL show. Anyway, your story kind of broke my heart, and I was thinking I might be able to help you. I am no professional, but I do have a lot of experience in exercising and being healthy, and I also have 2 kids (age 6 and almost 4). In fact, I am currently assisting a friend of my sisters from high school, through her weight loss journey, and 99% of it is through e-mail. You mentioned that you want to one day run a marathon. I am running in the NYC half marathon in 2 weeks, and I am in the lottery for the full marathon in the fall. Shoot me a message if you are interested, I might be able to offer some advice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyday is a new day!! No more Micky Ds!! Its not healthy for ur daughter either!! Make conscience decisions and you will do better. once you start ur workout you won't to undo all your progress with greasy foods or sugary foods...COME ON WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!! STAY POSITIVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me share a quote. Attitude not aptitude will determine your altitude. Keep a positive attitude like you have now and you will succeed. You are likely to have down days or weak moments but when you do just tell yourself that you will succeed. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for the support!! I am excited that so many of us are in this together (well not excited that we all have the same problem but excited we are all working on it together)! We will get there!

    @Jendi that would be soo amazing! I haven't figured out how to do a direct reply on here yet but you can add me on fb if you want. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starting is so hard! I know I am struggling right along with you. We're going through some hard times financially, and there is no way I can afford to join a gym...let alone deal with the size of my stress load. I'm trying hard to keep my chin up today.

    Just remember that you can do this. Baby steps are the way to go. Just tackle one thing at time. Set mini goals for yourself, and be proud of yourself for everything that you do achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be my pleasure offer assistance. I love this stuff, and I love trying to inspire people. You CAN do this. My motto is "I can. I will." I write it on my hands before my big races, so I can remind myself. I'll add ya on FB now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. darlin i admire your determination but do NOT use sugary/fat/bad for you treats as rewards. use apples, yougurt, oranges, or make applesauce (instead of sugar) cookies at home. it's healthy and teaches your child healthy food is FUN. plus i'm sure she'd love the mommy & me time.......not fussin just suggestin! lololol now do NOT be stressed by me!(i'm relatively harmless ;)

    ReplyDelete