Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 4...weigh in day!

Just want to start out again thanking everyone and to let y'all know I will follow your journeys too as soon as the get our Internet working again, I have been posting all if these from a phone and I'm about to go blind...haha!

So even though I just started this four days ago, I wanted to go ahead and make Mondays weigh in day because I am one if those people who already hates Monday anyway so why ruin another day with a weigh in?!?! So my starting weight on Friday was 312 and today was 311. Hooray one less pound to deal with. Other than that I was not very active today, I had a fussy newborn for some reason (really praying hes not trying to get sick). I did do 30min of zumba tonight though.
On another note, is it just me or are most people in similar circumstances as me as obsessed with weight loss shows as I am? And if so I wonder why that is? If not, do I just need special help??? Lol. I watch them all though... BL, Ruby, Heavy on a&e, I used to be fat on MTV, too fat for 15 on style, and there's even a new one on CW called shedding for the wedding. I think I live vicariously through them and the Real Housewives of nj, oc, and Miami! Maybe my subconscious wants to lose the weight so I can party like them??? LMBO!!!!!
Ok y'all, tomorrow WILL be a more health conscious day! Until then...8)

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I am weighing in on Saturdays. I am obsessed with weight loss shows too. I watch Heavy, BL and Shedding for the Wedding. Extreme Makeover is supposed be having a weight loss edition some time this spring too!

    I didn't do very well on Monday either. I let PMS be an excuse, but it's really not a very good one. I also had a very cranky 4 year old. Hope your little one isn't getting sick!!

    Todays is my favorite day of the week! BL day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, here are my thoughts on your above post. I know everyone hates weigh ins, for obiovus reasons. BUT....maybe you can try to turn that into a positive thing? Something you look forward to if you've worked really hard throughout the week, and you just KNOW you've lost something? Then you can use that positive energy to carry you through the next week? Ok, I know it is MUCH easier said than done, so I hope you aren't taking me the wrong way. But girl, be proud of EVERY pound you lose....even if it is just 1 pound. Whenever I hear someone upset about only a one pound weight loss, this is what I tell them. Think about a 1 pound package of ground beef at the super market. That is what you lost! I know, its kind of a weird comparison, but doesn't it help a little? There will be weeks where you'll lose 5 plus pounds, there will be weeks where you stay the same, there will be weeks where you may gain. You just have to keep your head up and stay strong. And set small goals! 5 pounds or so at a time.
    PS. I am hooked on BL as well. I LOVE Jillian and Bob, and I am soooo sorry to see Jillian go next season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the pound, we all lose a pound at a time! (i actually have a richard simmons angel on a scale that says one pound at a time)thanks for inspiring me to tackle my last 30 pounds. i lost the 75 five years ago and just stopped. today i weighed, 225.5, and i'm starting my food journal (turkey burger and sm cesar salad for breakfast) i'm happy to be sharing your journey with you. i know there'll be ups and downs but i KNOW you can do it! have a glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hanging up my coat, too! The name of your blog is what caught my eye. I found out a year ago that I was pregnant ... and one of the first things I thought of was "I don't want to be a fat Mommy!" I started exercising (once I stopped puking) and eating healthy. I was 230lbs when I got pregnant. My daughter is almost 4 months old and I'm at 180lb now. I was down to about 170lbs but have started putting some weight back on in the last month. That's not the way I want the scale to go!

    So, I'm here, cheering you on. For me, it's all about one decision at a time. If I screw up this decision, there's always another around the corner. I'm starting a boot camp fitness program tonight. I'll be checking on your blog tomorrow if it doesn't kill me tonight. ;)

    ReplyDelete